CCMC currently has a full-time System Administrator position in Scottsdale, AZ!
The System Administrator will ensure the stable operation of hardware and software systems. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communications, onsite and cloud-based. The System Administrator will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. Will work semi-independently and with other team members as needed. This position reports directly to the System Operations Manager.
In business for over 45 years, CCMC is in the business of transforming the way people experience life in community associations. With an emphasis on human connectivity and neighborhood engagement, we build community by bringing people together in the neighborhoods where they live and in the offices where we work. Simply put, we create experiences that connect people. We are a company with a purpose and believe in professional growth and development, and giving back to the greater community.
Our culture is brought to life by our core values. Integrity: Do the right thing. Be personally accountable. Share mistakes openly. Respect: Embrace humility. Communicate with candor. Foster dignity. Service: Lead by serving. Be intentional. Find a better way. Community: Put people first. Engage fearlessly. Cultivate your development. Fuel collaboration.
Our team members are the strength behind CCMC. If you thrive working in a collaborative environment, are driven to succeed and enjoy solving complex technical issues this role could be just right for you.
· Assist troubleshooting and support staff escalations of various software systems
· Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings
· Provide network support with a variety of predominant Microsoft operating systems
· Deploy and maintain web sites, application servers, database servers and cloud infrastructure services
· Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up
· Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
· Create and maintain Powershell scripts to automate various internal processes
· Create technical support documentation for systems and applications
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field
· Associate’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or IT certification is highly desired
∙ Experience managing environments of 50+ servers and 1000+ end users
· Experience with commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures of computer troubleshooting, server management and monitoring tools
· Strong customer focus, problem-solving skills and self-starter
· Proficiency with scripting languages, especially Powershell
· Strong Windows 10, Server 2016/2019, Microsoft 365, SharePoint 2016, Windows Active Directory, and experience migrating services to Microsoft Azure
· Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts including IP networking, routers, switches and firewalls
· MS certifications a plus
· Experience with a multi-site Active Directory infrastructure and VOIP phone setup and configuration
· Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server
In addition, you must be able to work longer than an eight-hour day or a forty-hour week, and evening work required on occasion for system maintenance windows and IT projects. Office environment with partial work from home options.
CCMC team members enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; company-matching 401k contributions; flexible spending accounts; paid vacation, holiday, medical and volunteer time; an employee assistance program, and professional education opportunities.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to JoAnn Abramo at email@example.com.